[-empyre-] short report from NL

gh hovagimyan ghh at thing.net
Fri Dec 2 00:53:57 EST 2011

Hi All,
Simon's analysis is totally succinct. Even stranger is a retreat
within new media back to video exhibitions. Seems like they're
cheaper and easier than interactive works. I believe the new media
artist has a place in the digital design chain as the artist NOT a
designer. This is a research issue. Artists look around at the world,
they feel it deeply and understand human intentions and desires.
This is what tends to be lacking in the digital design chain.   I say
keep going, keep producing experimental works and don't worry about
the traditional art world. It's sort of like worrying about the blue
chip market in Impressionist paintings, it has not relevance to new
media art.
/gh