[-empyre-] in/compatible research practices - signing off o/~

Gabriel Menotti gabriel.menotti at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 05:32:31 EST 2012

Dear all,

As the week comes to an end, the in/compatible research practices debate reaches its closure. I’d like to thank once again to all the discussants and the empyre crowd for the very diverse discussion throughout these days. It gave us some food for thought that will hopefully expand in further dialogues about academic practices and alternatives, in such time when they seem so necessary.

For me, it was a particularly happy opportunity to discover more about the work of the people involved in the reSource workshop and seminars. I feel extremely grateful for everyone’s generous contributions and especially for Magnus’ co-moderation.

(And thanks also to Ana Valdés for this spare time in March! =))

As a final note (not entirely unrelated to the last threads on encapsulation, privacy and data mining), I call the list’s attention to the metaphor search engine that started to be promoted last week. It seems that the drive for incompatibilities in thought processes is becoming increasingly popular:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21328536.500-metaphorical-search-engine-finds-creative-new-meanings.html

Best!
Menotti