[-empyre-] "Urban resilience"

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:17:23 EST 2012

Let me tell about Nablus, one of the oldest cities in the world, with one
of the oldest souks in the world, protected by the Unesco as one of the
world's heritage.
The Israel army had the city besieged almost one year with curfews every
day and often the whole day. When the curfew was lifted, randomly, some
minutes there, one hour there, people ran from their homes where they were
enclosed to buy some food to eat some knafe to meet at the souk until the
next curfew come.
There was resilience and resistance in their every days life and the city
center, in a labyrinth, with all houses close to another, gave them the
architectonic frame.
In another city with bigger distances and parks and highways there should
not be a chance to gather so soon and so often.
Ana

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15858
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci