[-empyre-] "Urban resilience"

simon swht at clear.net.nz
Mon Mar 5 08:47:23 EST 2012

Dear <<empyreans>>,

might this idea of resilience have something to do with or have its
psychic corollary in the limited durational frames of consciousness -
multiple personas / Pessoan heteronyms / little objects of self-love
<http://squarewhiteworld.com/2012/03/04/little-objects-of-self-love/> -
which back in 2000 Jeremy Rifkin said many young people were developing
to "negotiate whatever virtual world or network they happen to be in at
any particular moment of time"?

His use of "virtual" could be used to capture the world of the event,
that intense remarkable suspended moment on the plane of immanence, the
revolutionary fear and possibility, old and new. So that we have a
fragmented meeting a fragmented or even a desert in the desert.

Best,

Simon Taylor

www.squarewhiteworld.com