[-empyre-] The city as a skin -- Sparta and the helots / molecular revolution in process ?

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:17:14 EST 2012

Dear Johannes, I am so thrilled by your brilliant exposition and synthesis
of the whole month's conversation!
But I react a bit about your comment "I know nothing about exhumation". I
read your book some years ago (Performance on the Edge: Transformations of
Culture) and I found very interesting your dialogue with Marina Grzinik
about how the people from Sarajevo challenged the snipers and the war to
attend performances and to continue feeling themselves "cultural beings".
I heard the same story from some friends who performed in Sarajevo, as
Bibbi Andersson did and other friends setting up theater plays.
I was in Tuzla last year and marched together with 300 women who lost their
male relatives in Sebrenica. They were opening massgrave after massgreave,
searching for their killed relatives.
I met Rigoberta Menchu in Guatemala some time ago and she told us the same
story, how she and her relatives were called every time a new massgrave was
opened and a new body was exhumated.
And you are German, a people who has been stigmatized and almost banned,
made responsable for killings and massgraves. In the Baltic countries, in
Sovjet, they are still opening graves from the Second World War and
exhumating bodies.
I should say every one of us is an expert in exhumations today.

And exhumation is the big star of all our popular television culture, CSI,
Bones, Silent Witness, the forensic physicians are as popular as latino
lovers :)

Ana

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia158
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

mobil/cell +4670-3213370

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci