[-empyre-] the city and the network

Antonas Office antonasoffice at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:22:36 EST 2012

Ana,

Thank you for your remarks. I think we have to insist on community protocols and their formation. Internet may be a helping tool for such legislative micro-structures if we have the opportunity to use it; we think about its rules as a possible background. But it can only determine strategies for the societies that seem determined by it. The Internet seem to be a growing infrastructure in which people will live. This can be scary or interesting, depending to the way it will relate to the empirical, traditional understanding of space. Modernization today seem to be identified to a formula of entering in such a growing unified infrastructure that regulates together the network of water and electricity but also the community formations. Urgent situations would be determined or not by the Internet. In any case we cannot ignore it. In the situations you describe the community protocols will have to be conceived without the Internet. This is a different condition but I think that it does not change the general strategy. Constructive sociality is linked to common projects through commonly accepted legislative frameworks. I try to find again and reinvestigate the value of the common legislative force since the ideas of event and the occupy strategies seem empty of content. This can happen with or without the Internet, but the Internet imposes another level of investigation that we have to consider too in societies that operate through it.

Aristide Antonas

Sent from antonas iPhone