[-empyre-] language, reporting the virtually true

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Thu Nov 6 03:31:32 EST 2014

There are times this 'slow terror' speeds up, times it slows down; it
seems to me it might be problematic to inflate it with ISIS and the like;
there are two - and more - destructive orders of the world and worlding. I
began reading Assyrian texts again (in translation/transliteration/etc.)
and it's uncanny how the same techniques pop up again and again, all the
way back roughly four-thousand years. Violence is everywhere; think of the
heads used in the Mayan ball-games, the Shang Burials, Ferguson. How do we
psychologically survive this (in some ways we don't re: Amery - I have to
thank Pier Marton for recommending him), how can we refuse the catatonia
of anguish?