[-empyre-] sample from today

Johannes Birringer Johannes.Birringer at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 09:08:41 EST 2014

oh, and I thought "Hakim Bey" it was an anagram for Bukharin...

might be interesting (also in light of what you said earlier, Murat, about the consequences of the collapse of the Soviet Union, and the aftermath of the falling away of "tacit contract of the cold war", and what you call the "splintered explosions of violence), to reflect on Bukhharin's "Anarchy and Scientific Communism" and the ideas on the anarchist elimination of the state. I follow John's commentary on (artistic) resistance, by the way; always wondered how easily Reagan or Reagan's US  government  swallowed or incorporated the 'attacks'.   Germany (the State/power)  in the 1970s during the Baader-Meinhof guerrilla actions was different, it seemed to buckle, it got traumatised.

Ana, thanks for your replies, I get you.   Home is in our past.

here from Bukhharin's "Anarchy and Scientific Communism"

>Economic ruin, the decline of production, are undeniably accompanied by the decline of healthy proletarian psychology; all of which - tending to drag the proletariat down to the level of a ragged mob and turning outstanding worker elements, with a record of productive activity, into declassed individuals - makes for a situation that more or less favours anarchist tendencies. On top of that, the social democrats have obscured and created confusion about anarchy with their adulteration of Marx. As a result, it is our belief that there is a need to spell out what separates marxist, or scientific, communism from anarchist teachings.>

regards
Johannes