[-empyre-] Vor dem Gesetz/Before the Law, hoveringly

Christina Spiesel christina.spiesel at yale.edu
Thu Nov 20 03:08:04 EST 2014

Thank you, Johannes, for your invitation to rejoin the conversation!  I
will do so later on when  can give it some thought, but I owe it to all
to particularize my professional situation a bit.  Yes, I have senior
faculty status at Yale Law School and do a lot of informal participation
with students through the Information Society Project and the Visual Law
Project, both programs of the School populated by advanced students.  As
for teaching classes, I co-teach with a member of the law faculty a
course called Visual Persuasion in the Law at Quinnipiac University
School of Law. My students in that class have to actually make
demonstrative evidence and a video argument. They are always kept on the
same side of the case so that what is foregrounded are the different
ways the same (hypothetical) case can be successfully argued. In my
non-academic professional life I am a painter.

More later on the issues on the table. I look forward to an emerging
international perspective.

CS